GOVERNMENTOF ANDHRA PRADESH
AB S T R A C T
Hospitals - TertiaryHospitals - Formation and functioning of Hospitals
Development Societies for effectivefunctioning of Hospitals - Orders - Issued.
HEALTH, MEDICAL AND FAMILY WELFARE (M1)DEPARTMENT
Read the following:-
O R D E R:
In modification of instructionsissued in the G.O. read above, Government have decided toconstitute Hospital Development Societies in all the Tertiary levelHospitals in the State which are under the control of Director ofMedical Education. The composition of the Societies shallbe as follows:-
1) District Collector/a Senior IASOfficer to be nominated by the Government... Chairman.
2) One Doctor by rotation nominatedby the Chairman. ... Member.
3) Three representatives selectedfrom self-help groups/NGOs/Social Workers/prominentCitizens, of which atleast one shall be aWoman. ... Members.
4) Three MLAs (to be nominated bythe Chairman in consultation with Government).... Members.
5) Mayor/Municipal Chairman. ...Member.
6) Superintendent of the Hospital.... Member/Convenor. In respect of Hyderabad District,instead of the Officers at Sl.Nos.4 and 5 above, theSecretariat Officer dealing with Teaching Hospitals and ChiefEngineer of Andhra Pradesh Health, Medical, Housing and InfrastructuralDevelopment Corporation will be members respectively.
2. POWERS OF THE SOCIETY TO RAISERESOURCES:@@
The Society in entitled to raiseresources through the following means:
1) Donations in cash or kind fromindividuals and Philanthropic Organisations or Central Sectorundertakings or Companies;
2) Auctions of parkingfacilities(Cycle/Scooter/Car stands, etc);
3) Fees for use of Hospital forvarious purposes including for training and research facilities toother institutions;
4) Charges towards provision ofpaying rooms, wards;
5) Auction of condemned materialetc; and
6) Any other source as may bepermitted by the Government from time to time.
3. PROCEDURE FOR COLLECTION:@@
1) Hospitals stoppages andmiscellaneous revenues, such as rents from Commercial complexes, leaseamount on cycle stands, scooter, car stands, lease amount oncanteen-shed, sale of scrap and damaged items andequipment generated by the Hospital shall be deposited inaccount maintained by the Hospital Development Society.
2) Revenues on account of Hospitalstoppages miscellaneous, other revenues are required to becollected by cash or demand draft and for each transaction, aprinted receipt containing book number Sl.No. duly printedshall be issued. The duplicate copy should be made outwith a reverse carbon sheet. Each receipt must beaccounted for in the cash book on the daily basis.
3) All the Hospitals collectionsshall be remitted in the bank account on the next working dayfailing which the concerned will be made liable for action fortemporary misappropriation and will be dealt with accordingly.
4) The Officers/staff responsiblefor collection of Hospital stoppages and other revenues shallmake good losses incurred by the Hospitals in case ofdeliberate failure on their part to collect amounts. Collectionsshall not be used for any purpose, without depositing in bank,i.e., there shall be no direct appropriation of thereceipts. The Hospital will maintain SB account in anationalised bank in the joint name of the Superintendent and the LaySecretary by designation.
5) Revenue generated by a Hospitalshall not be used for any other Hospital.
4. FINANCIAL POWERS:@@
A. Maintenance of Sanitation andWater facilities:-@@
1) Individual works relating tomaintenance of sanitation and water supply not exceedingRs.20,000/- on nomination basis at estimated rates and not exceeding atotal of Rs.1,00,000/- per annum.
2) All Civil works relating tomaintenance of sanitation and water supply facilities uptoRs.2,00,000/- on short tender basis.
3) Maintenance contracts relating tosanitation not exceeding Rs.50,000/- per month on the basisof lowest of three quotations or with SulabhInternational on nomination basis.
B. Maintenance of Civil Works andElectrical Works:-@@
1) Individual Civil and Electricalmaintenance works not exceeding Rs.20,000/- on nominationbasis at estimated rates and not exceeding a total ofRs.1,00,000/- per annum.
2) All Civil and Electricalmaintenance works upto Rs.2,00,000/- on short tender basis.
C. Maintenance of Equipment:-@@
1) Repairs to an individualequipment not exceeding Rs.10,000/- on nomination basis and notexceeding a total of Rs.75,000/- per annum.
D. Preparation of Estimates andsupervision of works:-@@
1) Estimates for Civil maintenanceworks will be prepared by the Roads & Buildings (Buildings)department and for the equipment by the Bio-medical wingunder Andhra pradesh Vaidya Vidhana Parishad or any otherappropriate agency to be identified by the Society.
2) The same agencies will supervisethe works and procurement and certify the payments.
E. Purchase of Drugs and MedicineSupplies:-@@
1) Purchase of Drugs and MedicalSupplies through Rate Contract firms approved by the Director ofMedical Education in emergency.
2) Purchase of Drugs and MedicalSupplies through local Shopping procedures at lowest of threequotations.
3) The expenditure on theprocurement of drugs on rate contract or other wise shall not exceed 25%of the funds collected by the Society annually.
F. Purchase of Equipment:-@@
1) Purchase of equipment throughlocal shopping procedures at lowest of three quotations upto avalue of Rs.10,000/-.
2) Purchase of equipment upto avalue of Rs.50,000/- on tender basis. In all cases other than thosecovered in sub-paras 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E and 4F the Society shallspend money only with the prior approval of the Director of MedicalEducation.
5. MAINTENANCE OF ACCOUNTS:@@
The Society shall maintain properbooks of accounts which shall be audited by CharteredAccountant or a firm of Chartered Accountants to be appointed with theapproval of the Committee and also the accounts are subject toAccountant General's audit. The audited accounts of the Societyfor every quarter of the year shall be placed before the Societyfor approval and a copy of the accounts with auditor's report shallbe furnished to the Director of Medical Education and Governmentwithin one month of the last date of the quarter.
6. This order issues with theconcurrence of Finance and Planning (FW) Department vide theirU.O.No.1527/177/A1/EBS-VIII/ 98, Dated:28-8-1998.
( BY ORDER AND IN THE NAMEOF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH )
The Director of Medical Education,A.P., Hyderabad.
The Superintendents of all TeachingHospitals.
Copy to:Finance & Planning (FW)Department.@@
Accountant General, A.P., Hyderabad.
Commissioner, A.P.V.V.P., Hyderabad.
M.D., APHMHIDC., Hyderabad.
C.E., R&B(Bldgs.), Hyderabad.
HM&FW (N) Department.
P.S. to Chief Minister.
P.S. to Min.(HM&FW).
P.S. to Secretary(HM&FW).
All Sections in HM&FWDepartment.