GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION (AR&T.I) DEPARTMENT
Read the followings:-
1. Govt.Memo.No.825/62-4, General Administration (O&M)
Department, dated 13-10-1962.
2. G.O.Ms.No.14, General Administration (Suggestions)
Department, dated 6-1-1965.
3. G.O.Ms.No.603, General Administration (AR&T.I)
Department, dated 3-9-1977.
4. G.O.Ms.No.733, General Administration (AR&T-I)
Department, dated 18-12-1984.
5. G.O.Ms.No.493, General Administration (AR&T-Desk)
Department, dated 31-10-1985.
6. G.O.Ms.No.425, General Administration (AR&T-I)
Department, dated 20-7-1984.
7. G.O.Ms.No.22, General Administration (AR&T-Desk)
Department, dated 10-1-1986.
8. Memo.No.232/AR&T-I/87-1, General Administration
(AR&T-I) Department, dated 8-6-1987.
9. U.O.Note No.530/AR&T-Desk/88-1, General Adminis-
tration (AR&T-Desk) Department, dated 26-7-1988.
10. G.O.Ms.No.260, General Administration (AR&T-Desk)
Department, dated 12-5-1993.
11. Memo.No.337/AR&T-Desk/93-1, General Administration
(AR&T-Desk) Department, dated 20-7-1993.
12. U.O.Note No.191/AR&T-I/96-1, General Administration
(AR&T-I) Department, dated 17-7-1996.
13. G.O.Ms.No.582, General Administration (AR&T-I)
Department, dated 30-12-1998.
O R D E R :-
The Incentive Awards Committee at its meetings held on 21-5-1999, 28-10-1999 and 27-9-2000, while considering the proposals received from the various Departments of Secretariat and after detailed deliberation has made the following recommendations:
(1) The Committee felt that the maximum cash award of Rs.1,000/- now being awarded is a meager amount, which was fixed long back in the year 1962 and recommended to enhance the same up to Rs.10,000/-
(2) While considering the proposals, the Committee observed that cases are coming up for Incentive Awards for the good work done by the employees during last 10 to 12 years, which is improper and felt that incentives should be awarded immediately after outstanding work performed by the employees. The Committee recommended to issue guidelines
:: 2 ::
giving time limit for sending / inclusion and consideration of proposals for incentive awards and that there should be quantifiable criteria for measuring eligibility of employees to be awarded incentives. The Committee recommended to fix up the time limit of three years from the date of incident/good work, which is the basis of the proposal / recommendation for incentive awards.
2. The Government reviewed the matter, and decided to modify the Incentive Awards Scheme. The following amendments are issued to the Memo. Ist read above:
A M E N D M E N T
Sub No.(i) and (ii) of item III in APPENDIX (suggestions and Incentive Awards Scheme) shall be substituted with the following:
(2)(i) Cash Award: Wherever improvements resulting from the suggestion or outstandingly good work are capable of being assessed in fairly precise monetary terms, the amount of award in any particular case shall not normally exceed Rs.10,000/- and not be less than Rs.1,000/-.
(2)(ii) Even in cases where the results of the suggestions made cannot be evaluated in precise monetary terms, but the suggestions in themselves are useful for adoption, suitable monetary awards may be given the quantum of such awards being decided ad hoc in each case depending o the importance of the suggestion but subject to the overall ceiling of Rs.10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only). The same principle may be followed in the case “outstandingly good work” also.
Similarly the Sub No.(ii) of Item IV shall be substituted with the following :
“The Incentive Awards Committee will be empowered to make cash awards to the minimum of Rs.1,000/- up to maximum of Rs.10,000/- in each case. Necessary funds for the purpose will be provided in the Budget under detailed head “390 – Reward” under relevant Major / Minor Sub-heads of accounts of the concerned Departments. If provision is not available in the Budget Estimates the expenditure shall be met by re-appropriation of saving available within the grant of the concerned Department.“
The following shall be added after I(a) of Appendix :
“1(b) Time Limit
The incentive awards should be finalised within a year from the date of incident/outstandingly good work done by the Government employee.
Cases / Proposals for the incident or outstandingly good work done by the Government employee more than one year before the date of the proposal shall not be entertained under the Scheme.”
:: 3 ::
3. This order comes into force from the date of issue of order.
4. All the proposals for the incentive awards may be forwarded in the modified proforma (enclosed).
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT (SER)
All Departments of Secretariat
All Heads of Departments
All District Collectors
All District Judges
The Genl.Admn.(Spl.A/Spl.B/IFS/ SC.C /Cabinet) Deptt.
All Sections in GAD
The P.S. to Chief Minister/Chief Secretary
The P.S. to Secretary (Ser.),GAD
The Secretary, APPSC, Hyd.
The Accountant General, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Pay and Accounts Officer, AP., Hyderabad.
//FORWARDED BY ORDER//