GOVERNMENT OFANDHRA PRADESH
|Re-organization Creation of a separate Department for information Technology and Communications Orders Issued. |
G.O.Ms.No.133, Dated: 10-04-2000.
G.O.Rt.No.2125,Fin. & Plg. (PW) Deptt., Dt.09-05-1997.
In the G.O. read above, orders were issued creating an ex-cadre post ofSecretary to Government, Information Technology and Computers in the Planning Wing ofFinance and Planning Department. Secretary, Information Technology & Computers wasbeing assigned various responsibilities connected with telecommunications. While thesubject of telecommunications is a Central subject, the launch of a number of initiativesin the area of Information technology by the State, many of which are inherently linked toand dependent on the telecommunications network in the State has necessitated suchassignment of responsibility. Hence it is necessary for State Government to get activelyinvolved in planning, catalyzing and establishing comprehensive telecommunicationinfrastructure in the State. So to begin with, the post is renamed as Secretary toGovernment, Information Technology and Communications. Secondly under Business Rule 4, theGovernment hereby creates the Department of Information Technology and communications withimmediate effect, with Secretary to Government, Information Technology and Communicationsas the Head of the Department.
2. The role and functions of the new Department are as indicated in the Annexure tothis order.
3. The newDepartment of Information and Technology and Communications is not a part of Single Unitunder the control of General Administration (SU) Department. It will consist of personswith expertise in Information Technology and Communications taken on contract basis. Itwill function as an officer-oriented department.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OFTHE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT.
The Finance & Planning (PW) Department
All Departments of Secretariat
All Heads of Departments
All District Collectors
Pay and Accounts Officer, Andhra Pradesh,Hyderabad
Accountant General, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad
P.S. to Chief Secretary
P.S. to Secretary to C.M.
P.S. to Secretary, IT&C
//FORWARDED BY ORDER/
ROLE OF THE DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATIONTECHNOLOGY AND COMMUNICATIONS:-
1. Formulation of policies on all aspectsconnected to the development and use of Information Technology in the State, including thefollowing:-
· Visionfor the Information Technology Development
· Policyfor computerization of Departments
· Locallanguage initiative
· InformationTechnology Security Policy
· Creationof suitable organizational structures for policy formulation and implementation
· Policyfor financing Information Technology Projects
2. Electronic Governance Initiative:-
· Overseeingmajor projects like APSWAN, APSCAN, MPHS, CARD, Video Conferencing
· Implementation of SKIMS (Secretariat Knowledge and Information
· Implementation of Citizen-service projects like TWINS
· Build a cadre of Chief Information Officers in the Departments
· Promote IT-enabled education
· Computerization of Collectorates
· Integration of Computers of various Departments
· Forge standards in the design and implementation of all Information
Technology projects inGovernment.
3. Investment promotion:-
· Promotionof Information Technology industry in Andhra Pradesh
· Promote formation of venture capital
· Catalyze industry-academicia collaboration
· Promote new technologies that improve quality of life
· Information Technology enabled services
4. Establishment of Information Technologyinfrastructure:-
· Promoteworld class Information Technology infrastructure like the Hi-tec city
· Facilitate the Establishment of broadband digital connectivity upto the
· Use convergence of technologies
· Coordinate with DOT for improvement of telecom infrastructure in the
5. Promote high quality computer education.