GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
AIR TRAVEL – Andhra Pradesh Civil Services (Travelling Allowance) Rules – Revision of minimum pay limit for travel by air – Permission to the All India Services Officers – Orders – Issued.
FINANCE (TA) DEPARTMENT
Read the following :-
1. G.O.Ms.No.262, Finance & Planning (FW.TA) Department,
2. G.O.(P) No.180, Finance (PC.I) Dept., dated 29-6-2006.
3. G.O.Ms.No.46, Finance (TA) Dept., dated 2-3-2007.
4. Letter No.PAO/PAG.I/Unit-II/IAS/2005-06/956, dated 23-12-2006
from the Pay and Accounts Officer, A.P., Hyderabad.
5. From the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Office
Memorandum No.10/2/98-IC & F No.19030/2/97-E.IV,
dated the17th April 1998.
In the Government Order first read above, basing on the recommendations of Pay Revision Commission, 2005, orders were issued that the minimum pay limit for eligibility to travel by air on official duty is as follows:
i. All Officers (including All India Services) drawing the scale of pay of Rs.18,355-30,065 and above shall be eligible to perform journey by air on official duty.
ii. All Heads of Departments and Deputy Secretaries to Government drawing a scale of pay of less than Rs.18,355-30,065 may also travel by air on official duty provided they are given prior permission to do so by the concerned Secretaries to Government.
2. In the Government Order second read above, basing on the recommendations of the One Man Committee, orders were issued revising the Master Scale and segments thereof w.e.f. 1-7-2003 with monetary benefit from 1-4-2005.
3. In the Government Order third read above, amendment orders were issued to para 3(i) and para 3(ii) of the G.O. 1st read above as follows :-
i. All Officers (including AIS) drawing the scale of pay of Rs.19,675-30,765 and above shall be eligible to perform journey by Air on official duty.
ii. All Heads of Departments and Deputy Secretaries to Government drawing a scale of pay less than Rs.19,675-30,765 may also travel by air on official duty provided they are given prior permission to do so by the concerned Secretaries to Government.
4. The Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad has informed in the reference 4th read above, that in the State Government, the officers drawing a scale of Rs.19,675-30,765 are eligible to perform the journey by air on official duty including All India Services Officers. However, the pay scale of All India Services Officers have not been revised after 1-1-1996 and if the present scale of Rs.19,675-30,765 is taken as the criteria for All India Services Officers also, then only All India Services Officers above Supertime Scale i.e., Principal Secretaries to Government and Chief Secretary to Government would be eligible to travel by air on official duty and the Secretaries to Government would not be eligible to travel by air. This leads to an anomaly because the Heads of Departments and even Deputy Secretaries to Government are allowed to travel by air on official duty based on the prior permission of the Secretaries to Government. In view of this, he requested the Government for clarification regarding the pay scale limit for the All India Services Officers to travel by air on official duty.
5. After careful examination of the matter, it is found that revised pay scales adopted by the State Government based on the Pay Revision Commissions in the State Government and then adopting them for All India Services Officers for this purpose is creating an anomalous situation
because All India Services Officers pay scales are determined by the Fifth Central Pay Commission and these have not been revised after 1-1-1996.
Therefore, the Government have decided to follow the entitlement of air travel for official duty to the All India Services Officials, based on Government of India Memorandum mentioned in the reference 5th read above.
6. Accordingly, the Government hereby order that travel by air within the country, will be permissible on tour for official duty, in the case of All India Services Officers for those who are in receipt of pay of Rs.16,400 and above, at their discretion, provided that All India Services Officers drawing pay between Rs.12,300 and Rs.16,400 may also be permitted to travel by air, at their discretion, within the country, on official duty, if the distance involved is more than 500 kms and the journey cannot be performed overnight by direct train service/direct slip coach service.
7. These orders shall be deemed to have come into force with effect from 15th October, 2005. Cases already settled as per the existing orders need not be opened.
8. All other existing relevant rules in the matter issued from time to time shall continue to apply except as provided for in this order.
9. Necessary amendments to the Andhra Pradesh Civil Services (Travelling Allowance) Rules, 1996 will be issued in due course.
8. The G.O. is available on Internet and can be accessed at the address http:/www.aponline.gov.in.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
RANJEEV R. ACHRARYA
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT (FP)
The Accountant General, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad (20 copies)
The Accountant General, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad (By name)
The Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad.
The Director of Treasuries and Accounts, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
The Secretary to Governor, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad
All Secretaries to Government
The Private Secretary to the Chief Minister and Private Secretaries to all Ministers
All the Departments of Secretariat (10 copies each).
All the Heads of Departments (including Collectors and District Judges).
The Registrar, High Court of Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad (with covering letter).
The Secretary, Andhra Pradesh TRANSCO/GENCO, Hyderabad (with covering letter).
The General Manager, Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation, Hyderabad (with covering letter).
All District Treasury Officers (with copies for Sub-Treasury Officers).
All District Educational Officers/All Principals of Junior Colleges.
All the Development Officers, Zilla Praja Parishads.
All District Panchayat Officers.
All Mandal Development Officers.
All Secretaries of Zilla Grandhalaya Samstas through Director of Public Libraries, Hyderabad.
All Secretaries of Agricultural Market Committee through Director of Marketing, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
All Commissioners/Special Officers of the Municipal Corporations/Municipalities.
All Recognized Service Associations.
The Commissioner, Government Printing Press, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad for publication in the Andhra Pradesh Gazette.
Copy to the General Administration (Cabinet) Department.
Copy to the General Administration (Spl.A) Department.
Copy to the General Administration (Spl.B) Department.
Copy to the General Administration (SW) Department.
Copy to SF/SCs.
//FORWARDED:: BY ORDER//