GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
RENT - Quarters allotted to Government Employees - Recovery of Rent - Revised - Orders - Issued.
FINANCE (P.C-I) DEPARTMENT
G.O.(P).No.239 Dated: 26-9-2005
Read the following:-
1. G.O.(P).No.121, Finance & Planning (FW:PC-IV) Dept., dt.19-8-1999.
2. G.O.(P).No.535, Finance (PC-I) Department, dated 29-9-2001.
3. G.O.(P).No.213, Finance (PC-I) Department, dated 27-8-2005.
4. G.O.(P).No.230, Finance (PC-I) Department, dated 15-9-2005.
* * *
O R D E R :
In the Government Order first read above, orders were issued specifying the rates of recovery of rent for the Government Quarters allotted to Government employees keeping in view the revision of rates of House Rent Allowance in the Revised Pay Scales, 1999.
2. In the G.O 2nd read above, orders were issued to do away with the recovery of rent at 15% or 10% of emoluments in respect of employees who have taken House Building Advance and constructed houses or purchased Ready Built House within or outside Twin Cities and are in occupation of Government Quarters in Twin Cities or occupying earmarked Government Quarters in Districts as the case may be. These categories of employee shall not be eligible to draw House Rent Allowance. The Standard Rent as fixed in accordance with F.R-45-A-IV(b) or 10% of emoluments whichever is less shall be recovered towards rent with effect from 29.9.2001. These orders are also applicable to all the categories of employees including All India Services Officers
3. In the G.O. 3rd read above, orders were issued implementing the Revised Pay Scales, 2005 with effect from 1-7-2003 notionally with monetary benefit from 1-4-2005.
4. In the G.O. 4th read above, orders were issued on the admissibility of House Rent Allowance in the Revised Pay Scales, 2005.
5. Government accordingly hereby order that the recovery of rent in respect of Government Quarters allotted to Government employees shall be the Standard Rent as fixed in accordance with F.R 45-A-IV(b) or 10% of emoluments whichever is less. These orders are applicable to all the categories of employees including All India Services Officers.
6. These Orders shall come into force with effect from 1-7-2003 notionally and recovery at the revised rates shall start with effect from 1-4-2005.
7. The G.O. is available on Internet and can be accessed at the address http://www.aponline.gov.in.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
Ranjeev R. Acharya
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT (FP)
The Accountant General, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad (20 copies).
The Accountant General, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad (by name).
The Pay & Accounts Officer, Hyderabad.
The Secretary to Governor, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
All Secretaries to Government.
The Private Secretary to the Chief Minister and Private Secretaries to all Ministers.
All the Departments of Secretariat (10 copies each)
All the Heads of Departments (including Collectors and District Judges).
The Registrar, High Court of Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad (with covering letter).
The Secretary, Adhra Pradesh Public Service Commission, Hyderabad (with covering letter).
All the District Treasury Officers (with copies for Sub-Treasury Officers).
The Secretary, Andhra Pradesh GENCO/TRANSCO.
The General Manager, A.P. State Road Transport Corporation, Hyderabad (with covering letter).
All District Educational Officers/All Principals of Junior Colleges.
All the District Development Officer, Zilla Praja Parishads.
All District Panchayat Officers.
All Mandal Development Officers.
All Secretaries of Zilla Grandhalaya Samsthas through Director of Public Libraries, Hyderabad.
All Secretaries of Agricultural Market Committees through Director of Marketing, A.P., Hyderabad.
All Commissioners/Special Officers of Municipalities.
All Recognised service Associations.
The Director, Government Printing Press, A.P. Hyderabad for publication in the Andhra Pradesh Gazette.
Copy to the General Administration (Cabinet) Department.
Copy to the General Administration (SW) Department.
Copy to SF/S.Cs.
* * *