GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Public Services - Recommendations of Pay Revision Commission, 2005 - Enhancement of remuneration payable to Drivers for performing the duties on holidays - Orders - Issued.
FINANCE (FW.TA) DEPARTMENT
G.O. Ms. No. 280 Dated: 15-10-2005.
Read the following:
1. G.O.Ms.No.132, Finance & Planning (FW:TA) Department, dated: 26.08.1999
2. G.O.(P)No.213, Finance (PC-I) Department, dated: 27.08.2005.
In the Government order first read above, orders were issued fixing the remuneration of Rs.30/- per day to the Drivers when they are asked to perform duty on a holiday and could not be sanctioned a compensatory holiday in lieu thereof.
2. In the Government Order second read above, based on the recommendations of Pay Revision Commission, 2005 orders were issued implementing the Revised Pay Scales, 2005 to the State Government employees.
3. The Pay Revision Commission, 2005 has recommended for enhancement of remuneration payable to the Drivers who are asked to perform duty on a holiday and who could not be sanctioned a compensatory holiday in lieu thereof, from Rs.30/- to Rs.50/- per day.
4. Government have accepted the recommendation of the Pay Revision Commission, 2005 and accordingly hereby order that a remuneration of Rs.50/- per day be paid to the Drivers who are to perform duty on a holiday and who could not be sanctioned a compensatory holiday in lieu thereof. The remuneration is payable to the Drivers only on certification by the concerned officer as shown in the Annexure (enclosed).
5. Government also hereby order that in case the Drivers performing the duties exclusively on account of a private work of an Officer, the remuneration of Rs.50/- per day be paid by the Government first and then later be recovered from the Officer concerned along with the Propulsion Charges payable by the Officer.
6. These orders are not applicable to those Drivers who are on a tour outside the Headquarters as they are paid Travelling Allowance and Daily Allowance for the holiday, while on tour.
:: 2 ::
7. These orders are applicable to all the Drivers of the Government, Panchayat Raj Bodies and also the Drivers belonging to Work charged Establishments working in Engineering Departments of Irrigation, Projects, R&B, Panchayati Raj, Public Health and Municipal Administration Departments.
8. These orders are also applicable to the Drivers working in the Municipal Corporations and Municipal Councils, Zilla Grandhalaya Samsthas and Agricultural Market Committees. The expenditure shall, however, be met from the respective Institutions from their own funds.
9. All the Departments of Secretariat, Heads of Departments and all controlling officers are, therefore, requested to certify and make entries in the Log Book maintained by the Drivers of the Vehicles. The amount may be claimed in Andhra Pradesh Treasury Code Form 58 (i.e.) Fully Vouched Contingent Bill. The Controlling Officers will have to append a certificate to the Bill, in which the claim is preferred (Certificate as shown in Annexure)
10. The expenditure on account of payment of Compensatory remuneration shall be debited to the detailed head '130 Offices Expenses - 132 Other Office Expenses' under the appropriate Major, Minor and Sub-head of Account of the concerned Department.
11. These orders shall come into force with effect from the date of issue of this order.
12. Necessary amendments to the Andhra Pradesh Manual of Special Pays and Allowances shall be issued in due course.
13. The G.O. is available on Internet and can be accessed at the address http://www.aponline.gov.in
(by order and in the name of the Governor of Andhra Pradesh)
Ranjeev R. Acharya
Secretary to Government (FP)
The Accountant General, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad (20 copies).
The Accountant General, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad (By name).
The Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad.
The Secretary to Governor, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
All Secretaries to Government.
The Private Secretary to the Chief Minister and Private secretaries to all Ministers.
All the Departments of Secretariat (10 copies each).
All the Heads of Departments (including Collectors and District Judges).
The Registrar, High Court of Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad (with covering letter).
The Secretary, Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (with covering letter).
The Secretary, Andhra Pradesh TRANSCO/GENCO, Hyderabad
(with covering letter).
:: 3 ::
The General Manager, Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation,
Hyderabad (with covering letter).
All District Treasury Officers (with copies for sub-treasury offices).
All District Educational Officers/All Principals of Junior Colleges.
All the Development Officers, Zilla Praja Parishads.
All District Panchayat Officers.
All Mandal Development Officers.
All Secretaries of Zilla Grandhalaya Samsthas through Director of Public Libraries, Hyderabad.
All Secretaries of Agricultural Market Committees through Director of Marketing
Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
All Commissioners/Special Officers of the Municipal Corporations/Municipalities.
All Recognised Service Associations.
The Commissioner, Government Printing Press, Andhra Pradesh,
Hyderabad for publication in the Andhra Pradesh Gazette.
Copy to the General Administration (Cabinet) Department.
Copy to the General Administration (Spl.A) Department.
Copy to the General Administration (Spl.B) Department.
Copy to the General Administration (SW) Department.
Copy to SF/SCs.
//forwarded :: by order//
Certified that the Services of Sri
Driver, Office of the
were requisitioned for performing Government duty/
Private work on Public Holiday falling on and the Driver was not sanctioned Compensatory Holidays in lieu thereof and therefore, he is entitled for remuneration of Rs. in terms of G.O. Ms. No.280 Finance (TA) Department, dated: 15-10-2005.
Head of the Office