GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
CONVEYANCE CHARGES - Andhra Pradesh Civil Services (Travelling Allowance) Rules - Recommendation of Pay Revision Commission, 2005 - Orders - Issued.
FINANCE (TA) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:
1. G.O.Ms.No.179, Finance and Planning (FW:TA) Department, dated:02-11-1999.
2. G.O.Ms.No.630, Finance and Planning (FW:TA) Department, dated:08-09-2004.
3. G.O.Ms.No.665, Finance and Planning (FW:TA) Department, dated:07-10-2004.
4. G.O.(P)No.213, Finance (PC-I) Department, dated: 27-08-2005.
According to Rule 51 of Andhra Pradesh Civil Services (Travelling Allowance) Rules, 1996 "No journey is reckoned as a journey on tour that does not reach a point outside a radius of more than eight kilometers from headquarters. But a Government employee traveling on duty within eight kilometers of his headquarters, is entitled to recover the actual amounts which he may spend in payment of ferry and other tolls and fares for journeys by railway or other public conveyance."
Note: (i) When a journey by public conveyance is not possible within the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad, Government employee may claim actual charges incurred subject to the limit of Re.1.00 per kilometer and Rs.6.25 ps each way. However, in the case of journeys by Government employees to go to the Andhra Pradesh High Court, Andhra Pradesh Administrative Tribunal and other Courts and to the Government Pleaders' offices, the maximum amount permissible is Rs.20/- per day.
(ii) The payment of Conveyance charges is not admissible for attending office early and staying late and also for attending office on holidays.
2. In the Government Order first read above, orders were issued for implementing the recommendation of PRC, 1999 for Conveyance Charges.
:: 2 ::
3. In the Government Order second read above, orders were issued for payment of conveyance charges to Court Masters/Personal Secretaries to the Hon'ble Judges of High Court of Andhra Pradesh at the rate of Rs. 50/- for each trip subject to a maximum of Rs.2, 000/- per month. In the Government Order third read above, Amendment Orders were issued implementing the aforesaid orders with effect from 17-07-2003.
4. Based on the recommendations of Pay Revision Commission 2005, orders were issued implementing the Revised Pay Scales 2005 to the State Government Employees vide Government Order fourth read above.
5. The Pay Revision Commission, 2005 has reviewed the payment of conveyance charges to the Government Servants for the journeys performed by them in the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad on official duty and for visiting the Hon'ble High Court of Andhra Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh Administrative Tribunal and other Courts and the offices of the Government Pleaders' for official purposes. Taking into consideration the recent orders issued by the Government, the PRC recommended for enhancement of the present ceiling in respect of journeys to Andhra Pradesh High Court/Andhra Pradesh Administrative Tribunal/Government Pleaders' office to Rs.40/- for each trip and to Rs.15/- each way in respect of other journeys made in Hyderabad and Secunderabad.
6. After careful examination of the matter, Government hereby order that:
i) When a journey by public conveyance is not possible within the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad, Government employee may claim actual charges incurred subject to the limit of Re.1.00 per kilometer and Rs.15/- each way.
ii) In the case of journeys by Government employees to go to the Andhra Pradesh High Court, Andhra Pradesh Administrative Tribunal and other Courts and to the Government Pleaders’ Offices, the maximum amount permissible is Rs.40/- per each trip subject to a ceiling of 20 trips per month or a maximum of Rs.800/- per month.
7. In respect of the Personal Secretaries to Honourable Judges and Court Masters of A.P. High Court for their visits made to the residences of Hon'ble Judges of A.P. High Court on official work the orders issued in the G.Os. 2nd and 3rd read above shall continue.
:: 3 ::
8. The Revised Rates prescribed in this Order will be effective from the date of issue of this order.
9. Necessary amendments to the Andhra Pradesh Civil Services (Travelling Allowance) Rules shall be issued in due course.
10. The G.O. is available on Internet and can be accessed at the address http://www.aponline.gov.in
(by order and in the name of the Governor of Andhra Pradesh)
Ranjeev R. Acharya
Secretary to Government (FP)
The Accountant General, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad (20 copies).
The Accountant General, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad (By name).
The Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad.
The Secretary to Governor, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
All Secretaries to Government.
The Private Secretary to the Chief Minister and Private secretaries to all Ministers.
All the Departments of Secretariat (10 copies each).
All the Heads of Departments (including Collectors and District Judges).
The Registrar, High Court of Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad (with covering letter).
The Secretary, Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (with covering letter).
The Secretary, Andhra Pradesh State Electricity Board, Hyderabad (with covering letter).
The General Manager, Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation, Hyderabad (with covering letter).
All District Treasury Officers (with copies for sub-treasury offices).
All District Educational Officers/All Principals of Junior Colleges.
All the Secretaries of Zilla Praja Parishads through District Collectors.
All District Panchayat Officers.
All Secretaries of Zilla Grandhalaya Samsthas through Director of Public Libraries, Hyderabad.
All Secretaries of Agricultural Market Committees through Director of Marketing Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
All Commissioners/Special Officers of the Municipalities.
All Recognised Service Associations.
The Director, Government Printing Press, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad for publication in the Andhra Pradesh Gazette.
Copy to the General Administration (Spl.B) Department.
//forwarded :: by order//