GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
ALLOWANCES - Sanction of Additional House Rent Allowance in lieu of Rent Free Quarters in Revised Pay Scales, 2005 - Orders - Issued.
G.O. Ms. No. 261 Dated: 15-10-2005.
Read the following:
1. G.O. Ms.No.152, Finance & Planning (FW:TA) Department, dated:08-09-1999.
2. G.O. (P) No. 213, Finance & Planning (FW:PC.I) Department, dated:27-08-2005.
3. G.O. (P). No.230, Finance (PC-I) Department, dated:15-09-2005.
In the Government Order first read above, orders have been issued based on the recommendations of Pay Revision Commission, 1999 to the effect that an employee holding a post to which rent free accommodation is admissible and who is not provided with such accommodation, shall be eligible to draw Additional House Rent Allowance at 8% of the basic pay subject to a maximum of Rs.250/- per month.
2. In the Government order 2nd read above, orders were issued introducing Revised Pay Scales, 2005. In Government Order third read above, orders were issued fixing House Rent Allowance for various places.
3. Among others, the Pay Revision Commission, 2005 has reviewed the Addl. House Rent Allowance and recommended for enhancement from Rs.250/- to Rs.500/- per month with all other conditions remaining the same.
4. Government has accepted the recommendations of Pay Revision Commission, 2005 and hereby order that Additional House Rent Allowance, wherever payable, shall be 8% of the basic pay of the employee under the Revised Pay Scales, 2005, subject to a maximum of Rs.500/- per month.
5. The above benefit of enhancement in para 4 is not available for those employees eligible for Addl. H.R.A. and who opt to continue to draw pay in Revised Pay Scales, 1999 or Revised U.G.C. Pay Scales, 1996. They shall continue to draw Addl. H.R.A. as per G.O. 1st read above.
:: 2 ::
6. These orders shall come into force with effect from the date of issue of this G.O.
7. Necessary Amendments to Andhra Pradesh Public Employment (House Rent Allowance) Rules, 1988 and Manual of Special Pays and Allowances shall be issued in due course.
8. The G.O. is available on Internet and can be accessed at the address http://www.aponline.gov.in
(by order and in the name of the Governor of Andhra Pradesh)
Ranjeev R. Acharya
Secretary to Government (FP)
The Accountant General, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad (20 copies).
The Accountant General, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad (By name).
The Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad.
The Secretary to Governor, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
All Secretaries to Government.
The Private Secretary to the Chief Minister and Private secretaries to all Ministers.
All the Departments of Secretariat (10 copies each).
All the Heads of Departments (including Collectors and District Judges).
The Registrar, High Court of Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad (with covering letter).
The Secretary, Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (with covering letter).
The Secretary, Andhra Pradesh TRANSCO/GENCO, Hyderabad (with covering letter).
The General Manager, Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation, Hyderabad
(with covering letter).
All District Treasury Officers (with copies for sub-treasury offices).
All District Educational Officers/All Principals of Junior Colleges.
All the Development Officers, Zilla Praja Parishads.
All District Panchayat Officers.
All Mandal Development Officers.
All Secretaries of Zilla Grandhalaya Samsthas through Director of Public Libraries, Hyderabad.
All Secretaries of Agricultural Market Committees through Director of Marketing
Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
All Commissioners/Special Officers of the Municipal Corporations/Municipalities.
All Recognised Service Associations.
The Commissioner, Government Printing Press, Andhra Pradesh,
Hyderabad for publication in the Andhra Pradesh Gazette.
Copy to the General Administration (Cabinet) Department.
Copy to the General Administration (Spl.A) Department.
Copy to the General Administration (Spl.B) Department.
Copy to the General Administration (SW) Department.
Copy to SF/SCs.
//forwarded :: by order//