Arrears of un-drawn Pension and Family Pension – Delegation of Powers to all the Administrative Departments for issue of administrative sanction – Orders – Issued.
FINANCE (TFR) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.304 Dated: 24-04-2003.
According to S.R. 86 (a) of T.R.16 of A.P. Treasury Code, Volume – I, if a pension payable in India remains un-drawn for more than one year the pension shall cease to be payable i.e., lapse of service pension.
2. S.R. 86 (b) of T.R.16 of A.P. Treasury Code, Volume – I envisages that if the pensioner afterwards appears, the Disbursing Officer may renew his payments if no objection is found as a result of police enquiry. It also envisages that if the Accountant General considers that the suspension of payment was due to an error of neglect on the part any Government Officer, the A.G., may direct that the arrears be paid on his own authority.
3. S.R.87 (a) of T.R. 16 of A.P. Treasury Code, Volume-I envisages that a pension chargeable under the Head MH.101 “Superannuation and retirement allowances and pension not drawn for more than three years shall cease to be payable without the previous sanction of the Accountant General. S.R.87(b) of T.R.16 states that the arrears of pension due on account of a deceased pensioner shall ceased to be payable if they are not claimed within one year of the pensioner’s death.
4. S.R. 89(a) of T.R.16 of A.P. Treasury Code, Volume-I also envisages that after the death of the pensioner the Disbursing Officer may pay any arrears actually due to the pensioner’s heir or heirs provided that they apply within one year of the date of the death.
5. At present the procedure that is being followed in respect of payment of Arrears of Un-drawn Pension and Family Pension is that the Accountant General, A.P., Hyderabad is scrutinizing the arrear claim statements furnished by Pension Payment Office / District Treasuries and returning the same to respective administrative departments for obtaining administrative sanction from the Government.
6. Based on the proposal received the Finance Department is verifying the rule position in terms of S.R.86 (b) 87(a) 89 (a) under T.R. 16 of Andhra Pradesh Treasury Code Volume-I read with Article 55 of Andhra Pradesh Financial Code Volume-I and the police enquiry report to know the whereabouts of the applicant during the absence period and permitting the administrative departments to issue administrative sanction orders. This process is delaying the payment of arrears to the pensioners and it is proposed to delegate all administrative sanction powers to the administrative departments of Secretariat.
7. Government after careful examination of the matter, and as a part of administrative reforms and decentralizing the powers hereby delegate all administrative sanction powers to the concerned Special Chief Secretaries / Principal Secretaries / Secretaries of the administrative departments of Secretariat concerned to the Pensioner / Family Pensioner in so far as sanction of arrears of un-drawn pension and family pension duly verifying the rule position envisaged in S.R.86(b), 87(a) 89(a) under T.R.16 of A.P. Treasury Code Volume-I read with Article 55 of A.P. Financial Code Volume-I.
This order is also available on AP ONLINE
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
PRINCIPAL SECRTARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Accountant General (A&E), A.P., Hyderabad.
The Principal Accountant General (Audit-I) A.P., Hyderabad.
The Accountant General (Audit-II) A.P., Hyderabad.
All the Secretariat Departments.
All the Heads of Departments.
All the District Collectors.
All the Deputy Inspector Generals in the State.
The Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad.
The Director of Treasuries and Accounts, A.P, Hyderabad.
All the Officers of Finance Department.
All the Sections of Finance Department.