GOVERNMENT OFANDHRA PRADESH
Clearance of bills pending under Plan & Non plan as on 31st March, 2000 Reg.
FINANCE & PLANNING (FW:BG) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:-
1. Memo.No.12913-A/452/BG/A1/2000, dt.3.4.2000, Fin.&.Plg.
2. G.O.Ms.No.135, G.A.(Cabinet) D., dt. 12.4.2000
O R D E R:
Cabinet Sub-committee on Zero basedbudgeting is constituted in the reference 2nd above cited. The Committee met and discussed the overall availability of resources andthe need to bring about greater economy and efficiency in the deployment of availablemanpower and financial allocations under plan and non-plan. The Cabinet Sub-Committee recognised the need to give top priority for thesettlement of pending commitments of the Government. Hence, the following instructions are issued:
1. Inthe reference first cited all TreasuryOfficers and PAOs were already authorised to admit the expenditure under non-plan for thefirst quarter of the Financial year 2000-2001 pending receipt of the distributionstatements from the HODs and budget authorisation from DTA., All the departments are requested to take actionaccordingly.
2. TreasuryOfficers and Pay & Accounts Officers are also instructed to admit the bills under Planto the extent of 1/4th amount of budgetory allocation for the year 1999-2000pending completion of Zero Based budget exercise and pending distribution statements andauthorisation from the Director of Treasuries and Accounts for the following detailedHeads:
010 - Salaries
020 - Wages
030 - DearnessAllowance
040 - TravellingAllowance
050 - OfficeExpenses
060 - Rents
120 - Scholarships& Stipends
450 - PetrolOil & Lubricants
660 - DietCharges
670 - Drugs& Medicines
3. Furtherall the Treasury Officers and PAOs in the State are instructed to admit the pending billsunder Non-Plan & Plan Schemes which were admitted during 1999-2000 but were not passedby 31-3-2000 and returned thereafter.
4. Theexpenditure under paras 1,2&3 above shallnot exceed 1/4th of budgetaryallocation for the year 1999-2000 for each Drawing and Disbursing Officer, pending distribution & authorisation ofbudgetary allocation for 2000-2001.
5. Allthe HODs shall ensure that all pending bills which are to be resubmitted are thoroughlyexamined for their genuineness. They shallappoint Special Officers atleast one level higher than the Drawing and Disbursing Officersconcerned, to inspect, verify and certify the veracity of the claims. These DDOs and the next higher authorities shallbe personally responsible, jointly andseverally, if any bogus or false claims are noticed. After compilation of the pending bills which are submitted but not cleared,the HOD will be required to send proposals for revalidation of those schemes to the extentof the amount which has been pending for payment, to their administrative departmentswhich in turn would issue the Government order, wherever required, with the concurrence ofthe Finance Department.
6. TheDirector of Treasuries and Accounts is also instructed to issue authorisation to theextent of the revalidated amounts under respective Heads of Accounts against the firstquarter of the budget provisions of 2000-2001 pending distribution statements from the HODs for honouringthe pending bills of 1999-2000.
7. Asfar as Irrigation Department is concerned, Finance Department will issue LOCs forthe amount not exceeding first quarter of the budgetary allocation of 2000-2001. All the PAOs of Irrigation Department are alsoauthorised to admit the pending bills into audit based on the LOC issued by the FinanceDepartment to the extent of first quarter of 2000-2001. The concerned HODs operating on LOC System are requested to compile all thepending bills after getting them thoroughly examined for their genuineness. They are also requested to get the works inspectedand certify the veracity of the claims by appointing Special Officers atleast one levelabove the Drawing and Disbursing Authority executing the work. After due inspection and being satisfied with theclaims, the Divisional Engineer will submitthe bill to the PAO for payment duly recording a certificate on the bill about theverification of the work and genuiness of the claim.
8. The D.D.Os of the R&B Forest Departments shall follow the same instructions regardingverification of pending claims after dueinspection of works and purchases etc., beforecheques are issued. The bills pertaining tothe items other than works andpurchases will be settled by following normalprocedure. The expenditure on all items shall be restricted to the first quarter budgetallocation of 2000-2001.
9. Allthe officers are requested to follow the above instructions scrupulously.
(BYORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARYTO GOVERNMENT
All Special ChiefSecretaries/Prl.Secretaries/Secretaries to Government.
All E.O.Prl.Secretaries/E.O.Secretariesto Government.
All Departments of Secretariat.
All Heads of Departments.
The Director of Treasuries &Accounts, A.P., Hyderabad.
The Pay & Accounts Officer, A.P.,Hyderabad.
All Pay & Accounts Officers of Irrigation Department.
The Secretary to Chief Minister.
Secretary to Government, PlanningDepartment.
All Secretaries in Finance & Planning (F.W)Department.
Private Secretaries to all Ministers.
The P.S. to Chief Secretary toGovernment.
The P.S. to Secretary (Poll) GAD.
The P.S to Secretary (Services) GAD.
Peshi of Principal Secretary Finance.
//FORWARDED BY ORDER\\