GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
PUBLIC SERVICES – State and Sub-ordinate Services Transfers of employees – Certain clarification – Orders – Issued.
FINANCE & PLANNING (FINANCE WING-W&M.I) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.177, Finance & Plg.(FW.W&M.I) Department, dt.16.10.1997.
2. G.O.Ms.No.127, Finance & Plg.(FW.W&M.I) Department, dt.24.08.1999.
3. Cir.Memo.No.49376-A/736/A2/W&M/98, Finance & Plg.(FW.W&M.I) Department, dt.11.02.1999.
4. G.O.Ms.No.507, General Administration (AR&T.I)Dept., dated: 03.12.1999.
5. Cir.Memo.No.5423/342/A2/W&M/2000, Finance & Plg.(FW.W&M.I) Department, dt.09.08.2000.
6. G.O.Ms.No.139, Finance & Plg.(FW.W&M.I) Department, dt.29.09.2000.
In the reference 1st cited orders were issued indicating the position on transfers of Government employees. Accordingly all transfers are banned except those covered under the following cases.
i) Transfers which are inevitable on account of disbandment of posts, reversions, retirements, promotions, repatriations, deputations and disciplinary Proceedings (G.O.Ms.No.293, dt.01.10.1996).
ii) In respect of skilled Doctors in Tubectomy/Vasectomy in A.P. Medical and Health Services. District Collectors are permitted to effect the transfers of Doctors within their district only (G.O.Ms.No.405, dt.25.03.1997).
iii) In respect of transfers proposed within the Adilabad Districts and for transfers from outside into Adilabad District. These orders are restricted only to Adilabad District. (G.O.Ms.No.455, dt.27.03.1997).
iv) Transfers involving posting of married couples in the same place. Only one of the spouse can be shifted following the prescribed procedure.
v) Transfers approved by Government following prescribed procedure with specific approval of Finance & Planning (Fin.Wing – Ways & Means.I) Department.
2. Further in the G.O. 2nd read above, orders were issued effecting transfers of Government Servants of medical grounds for the diseases (eigher self, or spouse or dependent children) of Cancer, Heart Operation, Neuro Surgary, Bone T.B., Kidney Transplantation to places where such facilities are available as ordered in G.O.Ms.No.236, G.A.(Services.A) Department dated:27.05.1996.
3. Orders were issued in the reference 3rd cited indicated the procedure to be followed on the transfers proposals.
4. In the reference 4th read above the orders issued on the transfers are as follows:
There shall be counseling relating to transfers in all Departments. All transfers shall be taken up and completed in the month of May every year in all Departments excepting the Irrigation Department. In the Irrigation Department, the transfers shall be taken up and completed in December every year. All the Departments will prepare guidelines for counseling. The Evaluation and allotment of marks to the employees shall be done quarterly. The evaluation results shall be published quarterly to promote healthy competition.
5. Instructions were also issued in the Cir.Memo.No.5423/342/A2/W&M/2000, dt.09.08.2000 to all the Treasury Officers and Pay and Accounts Officers not to admit the Salary bills of the employees who are transferred without the concurrence of Finance & Plg.(FW.W&M) Department.
6. In the reference 6th cited orders were issued relaxing the ban orders in respect of Excise Department duly following the guidelines indicated therein.
7. The Departments of Secretariat are referring the files to Finance Department for relaxation of ban orders to effect the transfers. Further in espect of certain cases the Departments of Secretariat are obtaining orders in circulation and referring the files to Finance Department for concurrence. In certain other cases after issue of the transfer orders, files are being referred to Finance Department for ratification of the transfer orders already issued. With a view to streamline the procedure to effect the transfers by giving more autonomy to the heads of the departments and the Secretariat heads, the following instructions are issued on procedure to effect the transfers.
(i) The District Collectors and the Heads of the Departments are authorized to effect the transfers in respect of Class.IV employees and Non-Gazetted Officers respectively for all such cases covered under the exemption clauses (i) to (iv) under para (6) of G.O.Ms.No.177, Finance & Plg.(FW.W&M) Department dated 16.10.1997 and under G.O.Ms.No.127, Finance & Plg.(FW.W&M) Department, dated:24.08.1999 without seeking any concurrence of Finance Department.
(ii) Secretaries of the concerned department are authorized to effect transfers in respect of gzetted officers for all such cases covered under the exemption clauses (i) to (iv) in para (6) of G.O.Ms.No.177, Finance & Plg.(FW.W&M) Department dated:16.10.1997 and under G.O.Ms.No.127, Finance & Plg.(FW-W&M) Department dated:24.08.1999 without any concurrence of the Finance Department.
(iii) Orders issued under clause 7 (i) & (ii) above shall not require the concurrence of Finance Department. However it shall be mandatory for the District Collectors/Heads of Departments/ Secretaries to certify the specific exemption clause under which the transfer has been ordered in the order of transfer to be signed by the concerned District Collectors/ Heads of Departments/ Secretaries of the Department, failing which the Treasury Officers/ Pay & Accounts Officers concerned shall not admit T.T.A. bills into audit.
(iv) In respect of all other cases (both Gazetted and Non-Gazetted) for which relaxation of ban orders is required, on receipt of transfers proposals from the Heads of Departments the Secretary of the Department of Secretariat shall process the proposals giving due justification for the proposed transfer and shall obtain orders in circulation upto C.M. through the concerned Minister of the Department concerned and the Finance Minister. After obtaining orders in circulation the Department of Secretariat shall send the proposal to Finance & Plg.(FW.W&M) Department for concurrence.
8. All the Departments of Secretariat and Heads of the Departments are requested to note that the instructions issued in the present G.O. does not mean that the general ban on transfers is relaxed. General ban on transfers is still in force including mutual transfers and the transfers without any financial implications. General transfers will be effected only as per the guidelines issued in G.O.Ms.No.507, G.A.(AR&T.I) Department, dated:03.12.1999 with specific approval of the Government following the procedure prescribed in para 7 (iv) above. Instructions issued in this G.O. are to facilitate the departments to effect transfers covered under the exemption clauses where the general ban on transfers does not apply. It also prescribes the procedure to be adopted to effect the transfers for such special cases which are not covered under the exemption clauses stated above and for which specific relaxation of general ban on transfer is required.
9. All the District Treasury Officers and Pay and Accounts Officer are directed not to honor any transfer orders until and unless the exemption clause under which the transfer is effected, is indicated specifically and the order is signed by the designated authorities as per para 7 (iii) above. They are also directed to note that no transfer orders shall be honored until and unless specific concurrence of Finance and Planning (FW.W&M) Department is mentioned for the transfers order issued vide para 7 (iv) above.
10. All the Departments of Secretariat, Heads of Departments and District Collectors are requested to follow the above instructions scrupulously.
(BY ORDE AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
All Departments of Secretariat.
All Heads of Department.
The Registrar, A.P. High Court, Hyderabad.
The Secretary, APPSC., Hyderabad.
The Secretary, Finance ( Works Projects) Department
The A.P. Administrative Tribunal, Hyderabad.
The Accountant General, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
The Pay & Accounts Officer, Hyderabad.
The Director of Treasuries & Accounts, A.P., Hyderabad.
All District Treasury Officers.
All Zilla Praja Parishads.
All Municipalities, Municipal Corporations.
All Universities and all grant-in-aid Institutions.
All Officers/Sections in Finance Department.