GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
PUBLIC SERVICES – State and Sub-ordinate Services Transfers of employees – Certain clarification – Orders – Issued.
FINANCE & PLANNING (FINANCE WING-W&M.I) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.293, Finance & Plg.(FW.W&M.I) Department, dt.01.10.1996.
2. G.O.Ms.No.405, Finance & Plg.(FW.W&M.I) Department, dt.25.03.1997.
3. G.O.Ms.No.455, Finance & Plg.(FW.W&M.I) Department, dt.20.07.1993.
4. G.O.Ms.No.63, Finance & Plg.(FW.W&M.I) Department, dt.05.05.1997.
In the G.O.1st read above, Government issued orders imposing ban on transfers of Government employees except transfers which are inevitable on account of disbandment of posts, reversions, retirements, promotions, repatriation, deputation and disciplinary proceeding. These orders have also been made applicable to Panchayat Raj Institutions, Local Bodies including Municipal Corporations, Universities and all Grant-in-aid Institutions.
2. In the G.O. 2nd read above, this ban on transfers was relaxed in a limited manner in respect of skilled Doctors in-tubectomy/vasectomy. The district Collectors were permitted to effect the transfers of Doctors within the district to this limited extent.
3. In the G.O. 3rd read above, this ban was relaxed in respect of transfers proposed within Adilabad District and transfers from outside into Adilabad on Administrative grounds.
4. To facilitate general transfers, a relaxation was issued in the G.O. 4th read above to effect the transfers between 10.05.1997 and 10.06.1997. The time period for relaxation was extended upto 11.07.1997 only in respect of Irrigation & Revenue Departments.
5. These ban orders on transfers are also relaxed in cases involving posting together of married couples. Should such cases involve relaxation of the six point formula, such relaxation should be obtained separately following the due procedure.
6. The general ban on transfers came back into effect from 11.06.1997 (12.07.1997 in respect of irrigation and Revenue Department). Regarding together all relevant orders and instructions, the current position on transfers of Government employees is as follows. All transfers are banned except those covered under the following cases.
i) Transfers which are inevitable on account of disbandment of posts, reversions, retirements, promotions, repatriations, deputations and disciplinary Proceedings (G.O.Ms.No.293, dt.01.10.1996).
ii) In respect of skilled Doctors in Tubectomy/Vasectomy in A.P. Medical and Health Services. District Collectors are permitted to effect the transfers of Doctors within their district only (G.O.Ms.No.405, dt.25.03.1997).
iii) In respect of transfers proposed within the Adilabad Districts and for transfers from outside into Adilabad District. These orders are restricted only to Adilabad District. (G.O.Ms.No.455, dt.27.03.1997).
iv) Transfers involving posting of married couples in the same place. Only one of the spouse can be shifted following the prescribed procedure.
v) Transfers approved by Government following prescribed procedure with specific approval of Finance & Planning (Fin.Wing – Ways & Means.I) Department.
7. The position in para 6 above is also applicable to employees of Panchayat Raj Insitituions, Local bodies including Municipal Corporations, Universities and all grant-in-aid Institutions.
8. Any transfers made in deviation of the above orders, will be viewed seriously and necessary disciplinary action shall be taken against such officers.
(BY ORDE AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
D. SUBBA RAO
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
All Departments of Secretariat.
All Heads of Department.
The Registrar, A.P. High Court, Hyderabad.
The Secretary, APPSC., Hyderabad.
The Secretary, Finance ( Works Projects) Department
The A.P. Administrative Tribunal, Hyderabad.
The Accountant General, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
The Pay & Accounts Officer, Hyderabad.
The Director of Treasuries & Accounts, A.P., Hyderabad.
All District Treasury Officers.
All Zilla Praja Parishads.
All Municipalities, Municipal Corporations.
All Universities and all grant-in-aid Institutions.
All Officers/Sections in Finance Department.